Jay Quigley, CP, FRP
Jay is the founder and principal of Parasimple, a full-service virtual paralegal consulting firm. His company’s mission statement is to routinely provide high quality and efficient paralegal support services that exceed expectations.
Jay is a seasoned paralegal who began his career as a legal assistant with the law firm of Perenich & Carroll in the practice of personal injury, workers’ compensation, and medical malpractice. He also enjoyed two opportunities at Fowler, White- now known as Buchanon Ingersoll & Rooney, as a nursing home litigation paralegal and as a securities litigation paralegal. His work experience is varied and includes corporate and business law, class-action litigation, and products liability. In addition, Jay has an extensive background and training in mediation, arbitration, and trial preparation, utilizing the latest tools in technology.
Wanting to take a break from defense-oriented work and with an opportunity to try his hand at managing a law office, Jay spent a few years working as a Paralegal and Office Manager for the Matassini Law Firm. His responsibilities included handling a significant caseload, assistance and attendance at trial, as well as various administrative duties necessary to ensure an efficient and profitable practice. From time to time, Jay continues to provide virtual paralegal support to the firm.
Jay holds an A.S. in Paralegal Studies from Tampa College and a Bachelors in Business Administration from Florida Metropolitan University. Jay is a member of the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA), the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA), and the National Notary Association (NNA). He is a Florida Registered Paralegal and has been certified as a Guardian Ad Litem in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida. Jay is also an active Realtor®.
Jay has been a Certified Legal Assistant/Certified Paralegal (CLA/CP) since 1994 and successfully passed NFPA’s Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (RP) in 2006. He also attained the NNA Certified and Background Screened Notary Signing Agent designation in 2007. Jay has served on the Paralegal Advisory Boards for Florida Metropolitan University, Remington College, and Hillsborough Community College. Jay served as a part-time adjunct instructor in the Paralegal program at EduTech Centers and taught several courses including Legal Research and Writing, Torts, and Introduction to Law Office Procedures.
Jay is a founding Officer and Charter Member of the Tampa Bay Paralegal Association (TBPA) and has proudly served as Recording Secretary (2001 & 2002), President (2003 & 2004), Past President (2005), and First Vice-President (2006). Prior to the formation of TBPA, Jay was an active member on the Board for the Hillsborough County Chapter of Florida Legal Assistants n/k/a Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (PAF) and served as a Director from 1995 to 1996 and as Recording Secretary from 1997 to 2000.
Committed to furthering the development of the paralegal profession:
Jay enjoys speaking at several local and national seminars for attorneys and paralegals.
- Nursing Home Litigation for the Florida Paralegal – 1999
- Powerful Presentation of Records at Trial – 2007
- Courtroom Etiquette – 2008
- Ethics: What All Legal Support Staff Should Know – 2008
- Internet Researching for Paralegals in Florida – 2008
- Powerful Presentation of Medical Records & Exhibits at Trial – 2008
- A Litigation Paralegal’s Guide to Case Management – 2009
- The 21st Century Paralegal, An Update – 2010
- A Litigation Paralegal’s Guide to Case Management – 2012
- Succeeding At Trial – 2013
- Paralegal’s Guide to Deposition Summaries – 2015
- The Benefits of a Virtual Law Firm and How to Build One – 2015
- Paralegal’s Guide to Deciphering Medical Records – 2015
- Paralegal’s Guide to Auto Injury Cases – 2015
- Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for Paralegals – 2016
- Auto Injury Boot Camp for Paralegals – 2016
- Advanced Auto Injury Claims for Paralegals – 2017